Thursday, October 30, 2008

Kings Gameday - The Economy Hits Pat and Oscar's



Well, I saw this day coming. Coach Murray has decided to get the band back together and reunite the top line from last season, Patrick O'Sullivan, Anze Kopitar and Dustin Brown.

I can't say I blame him. Those 3 are a force together. But for a few games, the Kings had something that they haven't had in a long time... secondary scoring. I loved watching Patrick O'Sullivan and Oscar Moller skate together. They are very similar in style yet complimented each other well. Hopefully they will still get some time on the Power Play together, but now I have to think... how will this affect Moller's game? A big reason for his early season success was being able to skate with O'Sullivan. Now, the so called 3rd line with Frolov and Handzus will need to provide more offensive support in addition to their great defensive play.

Pat & Oscar. It's been a great ride. I guess I'll just have to drown my sorrows in breadsticks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't get too attached to those breadsticks. Pat & Oscar's feels free to contract for repair work but not pay for it -- they won't even return calls or acknowledge vendor. Sure sign they will be closing soon.