Saturday, December 12, 2009

A Long December: Take 2


Normally, December in Los Angeles is something you live for. It hovers around 65 degrees and most years it's sunny on Christmas Morning. Sure, sure... my friends from the East Coast always complain about the lack of snow and how it just feels weird shopping for presents without it being cold and I think about how people I know in New York have to shovel snow out of their driveway to get to work in the morning... mainly I think about this with my sunroof open as I drive to work.


For the Los Angeles Kings hockey team, December has been a month of horrors over the past few seasons. Let's go to the Sports Machine!

DEC 05 (aka the last season the Kings had an overall winning record for the NHL season)
9-5-1

DEC 06
5-8-1

DEC 07
4-11-1

DEC 08
5-7-3

As you can see the last few Decembers for the Kings have been much less Miracle on 34th Street and way more the story about Phoebe Cates' dad dying in a chimney from Gremlins.


This December has been a different story for the Los Angeles Kings. So far, they are undefeated in regulation and have points in all December games for a record of 5-0-1. Does this mean they are destined for the playoffs? No, anything can change, just ask the 2003-2004 Los Angeles Kings team that was all set for the playoffs and then lost 11 straight to end the season. Thanks, Anson Carter!

Tonight, the Kings take on the Dallas Stars at home. The Stars are coming off an 11 round shootout victory over the San Jose Sharks last night. And I'm just going to go ahead and say it... if the Kings win tonight, they'll be tied for first in the Pacific Division. In December.

Check out the always awesome Defending Big D and The Other 6 Seconds for all your news, notes and predictions of all things Dallas Stars. Man, I hate the Dallas Stars. And I hate Turco.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also hate Marty Turco. I think everyone does. So it'll be satisfying to beat him tonight just like we did back in October.