Monday, January 12, 2009

Fast Forward to the Future

I like to consider myself a pretty dedicated hockey fan. I Tivo all the Los Angeles Kings games that I don't attend as part of the Half Season Ticket Package and watch them in full at home. Sure I'll fast forward through commercials and lame in-between period segments, but I'll even listen to what Jim Fox says in between stoppages in play just to see if he'll say "Wooooah!" But there comes a time in each season (especially over the last 6 years) that I just say "fuck it" and I start fast-forwarding through games in which the Kings are stinking it up, only hitting "play" when I see a goal scored.

Tonight was the first game all season that I sped through. I can't believe I made it this far.

Kings 1, Bolts 3

Maaaadsberg!

Not exactly the effort a fan would hope for from the Los Angeles Kings tonight. It's going to be tough to keep pace with the rest of the league after these 2 losses. It's obvious that none of the Kings showed up to play tonight, obvious because the Kings held a closed-door, players only meeting after the game. The team is now in 14th place in the Western Conference, yet still only 5 points out of a playoff spot. Are they going to be able to make up the difference? Only time will tell... meanwhile, at least I have the Kings broadcasts to keep me entertained.


I know exactly how you feel, Bailey.
I'm bored by Coach Murray's team too.


I had no idea who the hell Taylor Swift was when I saw her singing on Saturday Night Live this past weekend. And now I still have no idea who the hell she is.


City of Angels Angels.

The Kings also unveiled their latest marketing scheme, a Valentine's Day Kings Pack delivered to your home or your seat by everyone's favorite lovable team mascot named after someone who died during September 11th, Bailey!


Does he also deliver the divorce papers once you buy this for your wife?

Oh great... here comes Detroit on Thursday. Awesome. What's that? 19 Year Old Drew Doughty is injured? Sweet. Too bad I'll be in the crowd Thursday because I can't use the skip button at the game.

1 comment:

Mara said...

Grateful foor sharing this